Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Voted Early

I am a procrastinator by nature and ashamed of it. One of my resolutions year after year is to work on that. And to everyone’s surprise even my own I managed to vote early this year. Isn’t that sweet?

My fiancé was getting on me about waiting so long to vote. We made a pack to vote together and every other day I had a reason as to why I couldn’t go vote that day. But Wednesday morning I jolted awake at 8:15am ready to vote. I was pumped, excited and patting myself on the back. I felt like such a wonderful citizen doing her civic duty.

But maybe if this wonderful citizen had read the fine print she would know the voting polls didn’t open until 11am at the public libraries.

So here I am at the library 9:23 in the morning feeling all special and smart. Only to see that a little line had already begun to form inside.

So immediately my fiancé and I devised a plan on how we we’re going to save our places in line, juggle our toddler and stay positive and not want to say forget it and return to our warm home.

We did it! We did it! As Dora the Explorer would say.

I voted early! And I feel like I have done my part and kept my commitment to my candidate. Don’t let anything keep you away from the polls this year.

0 comments: