Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leanne Marshall Project Runway Season 5 Winner

Wednesday night was the season finale of Project Runway and the winner was Leanne Marshal. As Heidi Klum uttered those famous Project Runway words Congratulations, Leanne you are the winner. We all knew that Project Runway season five had come to an end.

I would like to mention a few impressive things that I witnessed on Project Runway last night. Korto made two new looks at the last minute just to make certain that she would wow the Project Runway judges. And that is probably why she won Project Runway fan favorite and a check for $10,000 dollars. Way to go Korto!

In brief the Project Runway judges were very proud of the final designers. They felt Kenly’s line was full of spirit and that Leanne’s line was innovative. They felt Korto’s line was effortlessly cohesive and she managed to bring in her culture without overdoing it.

Now I would like to give you my takes on Project Runway’s Season finale.

Kenly’s line had some nice pieces in it. I thought the green dress was hideous, but I liked the black dress all the way until I seen that stupid rope at the bottom. The dress that Tim Gunn had pointed out to her with the boating rope intertwining two different fabrics was a miss. As we have all seen on Project Runway, Kenly does have a knack for making some nice dresses and we were able to see that also. I hope that Kenly takes the Project Runway judges advice and does some fashion research.

Leanne’s line was beautiful. She showed an array of different pieces. The colors she chose were beautiful, but I was bored with the lack of variety in colors. Her entire line was two basic colors. I wanted to see more. I agreed with the judges that her petals were innovative. Leanne is the Project Runway Season 5 winner we will see lots more of her.


And last but not least Korto. She was my Project Runway Season 5 winner. I loved her line. I was scared when Tim Gunn made his visit that she was going to add too much of her culture into her pieces. But she managed to come out with a great balance which any woman of any ethnicity could wear. I immediately related to Korto’s line. It was fresh, elegant and beautifully done. I felt that Korto would make designs that would fit the average woman’s body and I loved that. I implore all those top African-American celebrities to support Korto at your next red carpet event. She will do you proud.


Auf wiedersehen to you all!

0 comments: