Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rapper Da Brat Was Sentenced to Three Years in Prison


Shawntae Harris aka Da Brat was sentenced to 3 years in prison, probation and community service Friday, August 22, 2008. She plead guilty to felony aggravated assault.

In October of 2007 Da Brat was arrested after an altercation with a waitress at a night club owned by producer Jermaine Dupri.

It was reported that Da Brat and this waitress got into an argument that evening. After that a shoving match began which escalated into Da Brat taking a bottle and smashing it in the waitress’s face.

What is going on? Earlier this year Rapper Remy Ma was sentenced to eight years in prison.

Celebrities are not immune to being victims of crimes or being the perpetrators of crimes. But to work hard to reach any level of success it’s inconceivable that they would throw it all away behind foolishness.

I remember when “doing time” was a bad thing. No one wanted to do a “bid” even if all they were doing was hanging out on the corner.

I don’t want to go to jail or prison. It’s the same thing to me they both mean being “locked up.”
First of all they would need at least ten bailiffs to remove me from the courtroom. They might even have to pepper spray and tase me as I struggled to get away. And then when they finally got me out of the courtroom they would have to beat my white knuckles with batons as I held onto doorways, furniture or anything I could get my hands on.

There would be no dignity for me.

This is not the first time Da Brat had a run in with the law. If she’s given second and third chances what will it take for her to learn?

Evidently three years in prison.

I hope that this lesson doesn’t break her; hopefully she learns from it and comes out a stronger and wiser person.

If you enjoyed this article you might also like:

0 comments: