Monday, August 4, 2008

Bar – B- Q King as featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives


Bar-B-Q King was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives one of my favorite shows on the food network. It’s hosted by Guy Fieri.

Bar-B-Q King is located right here in the Queen City Charlotte, North Carolina.

I’ve drove by The Bar-B-Q king several times while driving around the city of Charlotte. At times I wondered if it was still a working establishment. Being a big city girl I wasn’t too familiar with the drive in concept. I was curious as to how they worked but was too scared to ever try one.

While watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives I see Guy Fieri on my television screen raving about this Drive-In located right in here in Charlotte, North Carolina.

If you’ve had the pleasure of watching Guy’s show I know there are a multitude of places that he has visited that you just want to try for yourself.

Unfortunately, not all of them are located right in your own backyard. So when Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives featured the Bar-B-Q King I knew it was a place that I had to try out for myself.

I’ve never seen a food establishment that Guy didn’t like. Definitely wanting to see what the hype was all about I ventured out on my own.

So Guy Fieri put your money where your mouth is.

The first thing I wanted to do was try what they are famous for and that’s the Bar-B-Q. So I ordered a Bar-B-Q plate and a quarter Bar-B-Q chicken dinner. And yes I did have family members there to help me out.

I have to admit the Bar-B-Q chicken was different from any version of Bar-B-Q chicken that I have ever tasted. This particular Bar-B-Q chicken is deep fried first then dipped in their secret Bar-B-Q sauce that the owners use for their Bar-B-Q. It might sound strange but it works.

I do need to let you know that I am a huge fan of Bar-B-Q. And I have tasted some of the best Bar-B-Q that is out there.

Now this Bar-B-Q isn’t the best out there but it’s definitely one of the better ones here in Charlotte, NC.

If you’re expecting five star services—get over yourself. You’re only expected to get your eat on and drive away.

I have three categories in which I put a dining experience in.

1. Recommended – Meaning I would eat there again and recommend it to others.
2. Toss up – Means you have to decide for yourself by visiting the establishment.
3. Drive By – Means keep on driving pass the restaurant.

So how do I rate Bar-B-Q King? I would have to say: Recommended.

Until next time Bon appétit!

0 comments: