Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Tudors Season 2 Premieres

“We cannot have three people in a marriage. Why can’t you see that,” Anne Boleyn asks King Henry VIII played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Keep in mind this is the king’s mistress trying to push the Queen of England out of her own marriage.


Venture with me into character land… Has Anne Boleyn lost her mind? What a pushy manipulative little tramp. The day has come when a mistress actually has more power than the Queen of England. Have they all gone mad?

The Queen of England beautifully played by Maria Doyle Kennedy maintains her dignity, poise and resolve to remain the king’s rightful wife. While waiting patiently for the King to return to his senses.


My first reaction would have been to wrap my hands around Anne’s dainty little neck. Which brings me to this thought? Why didn’t the Queen fight harder? Or better yet why didn’t she fight dirty?

I was thinking perhaps a little cyanide in Ms. Boleyn’s tea or an accidental push down a flight of stairs? Better yet maybe something’s done to spook Anne’s horse while she was out riding with the King.


Forgive me I do get a little carried away. I give Kudos to a woman who could remain dignified and true to her nature throughout the whole ordeal. Makes you wonder if a women today had as much power as a queen what would she do with it.

I thought it was strikingly on point when The Pope played by Peter O’Toole said, “Why don’t we just get rid of the whore?”


Keep watching “The Tudors” it will certainly keep you entertained this season.

0 comments: