Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To Keyword or Not To Keyword?

“To keyword or not to keyword,” Have you thought about this question?

Of course you’ve thought about this question.

Any novice has and will explore articles that offer tips for bloggers. And you will find that every other article you’ve read has referred to the importance of using keywords.

So, here I am adding my very own two cents to the pot.

First, stop screaming at the newbie’s who don’t even know what a keyword is let alone its significance

You have to admit some articles that explain how to use keywords speak to you as if you are already ‘blog savvy.’

When I started blogging I’d seen references here and there about keywords. But I didn’t put two and two together right away.

I figured it was something I’d get around to eventually. So I made a note to research it at another time. All I wanted to do was writing. So that’s what I began to do.

Through further exploration and research I found that blogging could also be profitable. I found that I could actually make additional income from blogging.

How cool is that?

Unfortunately, it’s not one of those situations where if you write—they will come. You have to get people to come. There are several avenues that you can explore for this purpose. But the one avenue that kept popping up was keywords.

So I took out that sticky note that read, “research keywords” and got to work.

Keywords help you get found in google. And we know how important it is for google to find us. It also helps google adsense place the appropriate ads on your blog.

Are keywords certain words that you can only use?

The answer is, “No.”

It’s any word or phrase that you frequently use throughout your article. Adding your keyword in your title is even better. Actually, it’s key.

Yes, some keywords are more popular than others as well as more profitable. But that’s covered in “Intermittent Key wording.”

The goal is to actually put out good articles with great content while trying not to be obnoxious with your use of keywords.

So the question remains, “To keyword or not to keyword?”

Of course!

Whether you want to blog for money or blog to be heard you still have to get traffic to your website. Keywords will help you get there.

You’re on the right track if you’ve figured out what are the keywords in this article?

0 comments: